What’s wrong with this picture?
How about the fact that there’s a huge blank wall over my couch? It’s begging for a piece of art, yet it remains naked, year after year. That’s because, like many people, I believed:
1) Art ain’t cheap. When you’re saving for pre-school tuition and ballet classes, there’s not much of a budget for gallery hunting.
2) There are so many choices. I don’t know whether to go for an urban landscape or an abstract portrait. I just know what I like when I see it.
3) It’s a big decision and an intimidating purchase — the opposite of buying a tee-shirt at The Gap.
Then I found out about ARTtwo50, which alleviates all of these issues. It’s an iPad app that lets you upload a picture of your space so you can shop for paintings and see exactly what they would look like in your home.
All of the artwork is original and one-of-a-kind. You can browse virtually, try out different pieces, and even share them on social media to get input from your design buff friends.
Not only can you find the painting of your dreams that perfectly suits your decor, but you’re not going to break the bank.
* Each piece costs just $250, like this mixed-media beauty:
* All of the artwork is original and one-of-a-kind, like this eye-catching pop art:
* Most are stretched on canvas that doesn’t require framing and are easy to hang. From your iPad to your house to your wall, so easy.
What’s more, The New York Times recently reported that exposure to fine art makes your kids smarter. So styling out your living room actually makes you a better parent.
I love this idea so much that I’m partnering with ARTtwo50 to give away one free piece of artwork – your choice! Just follow the instructions below on the Rafflecopter giveaway. (You can choose the ways you want to enter…more options just means more chances.) Happy hunting.